Case Management Services
Vision Resources of Central Pennsylvania (VROCP) offers a variety of services to help visually impaired consumers remain independent and improve the quality of their lives. Our Case Management Department provides information and community referral services. If seeking a Case Manager, an individual assessment will be done to determine if the consumer seeking services meets the following criteria:
- An eye report from an eye doctor verifying low vision status
- The need for services is explored
Determining visual acuity for eligibility is based on one or more of these four factors:
* A corrected visual acuity of 20/70
* A visual field of 20 degrees or less
* A diagnosis of a progressive sight threatening disease
* A documented significant functional limitation from vision loss
Case management priority is given to maximizing the independence and improve the quality of their lives. We can support in a number of ways in your home.
* Case Coordinators assists with a task or uses his/her eyes for the client.
* All phone calls to and from client except those involving scheduling
* Assist with reading mail and/or writing correspondence
* Assist with banking
* Assist with budgeting
* Picking up prescriptions or assisting with pick up
* Assist with voting materials
* Assist with filling out forms
* Assist with shopping
* Delivery of adaptive aids and appliances at client request
* Assisting with household needs
* Assist with phone calls on clients behalf
* Creating large print calendars
* Writing large print telephone directory
* Mailing low vision items and/or information to clients
This only names a few support services we offer but limited to.
For additional information or to inquire about any of these services, please contact our Director of Services, Treassa Strawn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 717.238.2531.
Vision Resources Monthly Life Skills Support Group Meetings
- HARRISBURG SUPPORT GROUP is currently meeting virtually and by phone conference.
Meets the 1st Wednesday of the month at 10:00 a.m. at Vision Resources of Central Pennsylvania, 1130 S. 19th Street, Harrisburg. If you plan to attend a meeting, please call the receptionist at 717-238-2531 by noon on the Friday before a scheduled meeting. Some of our meetings require the purchase of supplies and printing of materials. If she is unavailable leave a message with the receptionist.
- CARLISLE SUPPORT GROUP
Meets the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 2:00 p.m. at One West Penn Apartments, 1 West Penn Street, Carlisle.
- FRANKLIN COUNTY SUPPORT GROUP
Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month at 11:30 p.m. at the Chambersburg Senior Center.